If there’s one thing that frequent entertaining has taught me, it’s how to whip up a good party appetizer. In my books a good app has to be tasty, easy to make, and easy to eat (if you need a fork, it’s out!). So I’m thrilled to join this holiday appetizer recipe hop. Many of my favourite bloggers are taking part in this so I know the recipes are going to be fantastic!
Olive & Cream Cheese Dip
Olives and cheese account for two of my four major food groups (coffee and chocolate make up the rest) and this recipes brings them together in a perfectly dippable, spreadable appetizer that makes it easy to eat more of my favourite foods.
- 1 package softened cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of olive oil or olive brine
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped olives – my favourites are Picholine, Kalamata and Niçoise but use whichever you like best
- Balsamic oil for drizzling
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature (or if you just can’t wait, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until soft)
- Stir in the garlic and olive oil or brine.
- Spread mixture in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Top with chopped olives.
- Drizzle balsamic over top and serve with crackers or bread.
Even non-olive eaters have been converted with this easy hors d’oeuvre.
Wishing you a holiday season of easy entertaining and delicious snacking!
For more delicious holiday entertaining recipes be sure to click on the links below – these ladies know how to make easy appetizers look impressive!
Goat Cheese Log by Barbara of Hodge:Podge
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Cheese Fondue Appetizer by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Festive Crostini with Cranberry Compote & Brie by Shauna of Satori Design for Living
Stuffed Mushrooms by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
Loaded BLT Dip by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Cranberry Baked Brie by Jenn of Clean & Scentsible
Ritz Pizza Crackers by Shannon of AKA Design
Whipped Goat Cheese and Cranberry Jalapeno Crostini by Kristeena of Motherhood in Stilettos
Special thanks to Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life, for putting this together.